May 24 2013 Latest news:
Tuesday, May 22, 2012
Ambulance and fire crews were called to North Walsham this afternoon (Tuesday) after reports of a gas leak at a home where an elderly woman had fallen.
The 83-year-old was conscious and breathing when emergency services arrived at the property in Mundesley Road at around 12.30pm.
Firefighters from North Walsham and Mundesley isolated and stopped the gas leak and gave the woman oxygen therapy before she was left in the care of paramedics. It is not certain whether the gas leak had caused her to fall.
Firefighters remained at the scene until 1pm and the gas board were called. The ambulance crew treated the woman at the scene and she was left at home.